Friday, May 23, 2008

Stuffing mix Chicken tenders

Here's another easy recipe that your kids will thank you for. Actually my hubby and I thought these were little tasty morsels of goodness too. So it's a great all-around family recipe. Add any desired sides and you've got a great meal. The stuffing mix will only coat maybe 4 chicken breasts at the most. I only used 3 in this recipe for my family. And just so you're forewarned your fingers with get messy in coating the chicken. Just wash your hands thoroughly afterwards. I also had a thought come to me after all was said and done. Instead of dipping the chicken in the flour, then the beaten eggs and finally in the stuffing mix, try adding the flour in the stuffing mix and see if that is any easier. It will cut back on one extra step which in the end will save you time. I would like to try it that way the next time I make these. You could even keep the stuffing mix in the zippy bag and add the flour to that so you're not dirtying another bowl. Place a few chicken pieces at a time in the bag and toss to coat. Remove and put on baking sheet. If any of you try it this way, please let me know how it turned out.

Stuffing mix Chicken Tenders

1 box of chicken-flavored stuffing mix, uncooked and crushed
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 c. all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Line baking sheet with tin foil.

Meanwhile, crush stuffing mix in a gallon sized zippy bag with a rolling pin or meat mallet. Not all pieces will be crushed but do the best you can. It makes for a better crunch! Pour into small bowl and set aside. In another bowl, beat eggs until combined. Slice each chicken breast into 1/2 inch slices and set aside. Place flour into another bowl and begin to dip one chicken piece into flour, then egg and ending with the crushed stuffing mix. Place chicken on tin-foil lined baking sheet and continue dipping the remaining pieces. Bake chicken tenders in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes or until chicken pieces are no longer pink on the inside. Remove and cool slightly before serving. Serve with your choice of side dishes. Yum!

1 comment:

A Blogging Babcock said...

I know I'm weird but I love packaged stuffing. This sounds good. I also saw a recipe the other day with the french fried onions. I think my kids will eat the stuffing ones first.