Friday, May 2, 2008

Brooke's Twice-cooked Pork Chops

This recipe looks and tastes alot better than what my photo makes it out to be. Sorry! My friend Brooke gave me this recipe that her family loves. And after trying two times to make it correct (and she knows what I mean) I hope I got it right this time around. I've made the recipe using either a bone-in or boneless pork chop. Both work just fine. I gave a general idea of what seasonings to add to the flour, but you can add more or less according to what your family likes best. Brooke even suggested adding some flavored, crushed cracker crumbs to the flour for an extra "binder" in the coating. Such as chicken flavored crackers, sour cream and onion flavored crackers, etc... And you may have to add an extra can of soup depending on the size of your family. My family really enjoyed this meal! That means everyone single one of us ate it. Kaylee turned her nose up at the mustard being spread on the meat, but later realized how much it really added to the overall flavor. I hope you have just as much success.

Twice-cooked Pork Chops

4-6 pork chops
1 can Chicken with Rice soup, undiluted
1 cup flour
Mustard
3-4 tbls. olive oil
1/2 teas. salt
1/4 teas. pepper
1/2 teas. garlic powder
Optional seasonings: Lawry's Season salt, paprika, lemon pepper, etc...

Using a small baking dish, place flour and seasonings in it and stir using a fork. With a knife spread mustard on both sides of pork chop and dredge in flour mixture. Set floured meat on a dinner plate until each pork chop has been coated.

Preheat oven to 375 F.

Meanwhile, over medium heat, add olive oil in a skillet. Place pork chops in skillet and cook until flour coating turns a light golden brown. Remove meat from skillet and place in a 9x13 baking dish. Pour undiluted soup over pork chops so that each piece has some of the rice. Spread remaining soup throughout dish. Put baking dish into oven uncovered and bake for 30 minutes. Or until soup has evaporated and rice is no longer wet. Remove and serve warm. Serve with a salad and rolls.

1 comment:

A Blogging Babcock said...

Those look so good. Mark loves to have the boneless pork chops on occasion. I have to admit my kids wouldn't eat them but it's worth a try.