Sunday, December 20, 2009

12 Days of Christmas Cookies: Day 8 - Peanut Blossom Cookies







I'm not sure what the exact name of these cookies are. There's so many variations to name that I've seen, but as for me I will be calling them Peanut Blossom Cookies.

This recipe is definately a crowd-pleaser and I'm pretty sure many of you have tried the recipe before.  But my kids really wanted me to make these. Who can resist peanut and butter and Hershey's chocolate kisses? YUM! I love that there's just enough heat that comes from the freshly baked cookie that it melts the chocolate kiss just perfectly...makes a irrestible chocolate frosting.

I used the Peanut Cookie mix from my favorite Betty Crocker cookie mixes. And made it according to their recipe from their website http://www.bettycrocker.com/ .

Peanut Blossom Cookies

1 pkg. Betty Crocker Peanut Butter cookie mix
3 tbls. vegetable oil
1 tbls. water
1 egg
1 pkg. Hershey's chocolate kisses
(Optional: 3 tbls. peanut butter - I added this, doesn't hurt the recipe if you do!)

Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a large mixing bowl; combine cookie mix, oil, water and egg. (Add in extra peanut butter.) Mix until dough comes together. Shape dough into balls and place on baking sheet. Bake for 8 -10 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove cookies from oven and immdiately press one Hershey kiss into each cookie. Let cookies completely cool about 20 minutes before eating. Makes approx. 2 dozen cookies.

NOTE: If you would like a recipe made from scratch. Check out the recipe located on the Hersheys.com website. Click HERE to find it!

No comments: