Sunday, October 5, 2008

Pork Chops with Feta Skillet

This is one family who loves the flavor of feta cheese. Even my kids like the flavor. So when I came across this recipe I knew I had to make it. This recipe also just happens to be one of my cooking class recipes that I made back in early 2007. The only problem I had with this recipe was the feta cheese melting properly. I decided that the meat might need to be slightly undercooked and placed under a broiler with the feta cheese on top for it to melt just right. That way the meat doesn't come out dry and the cheese melts.

Pork Chops with Feta Skillet

1 teas. crushed dried rosemary
1 teas. dried basil
1 teas. minced garlic
1 pinch black pepper
2 tbls. olive oil
4 pork chops
1 cup fresh lemon juice
1 container of crumbled feta cheese (with basil & tomatoes)

In a small mixing bowl, stir together rosemary, basil, garlic and pepper. Place lemon juice into another bowl.

Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Dip pork chops in lemon juice and sprinkle with dried herb mixture. Place pork chops in skillet and sear both sides, about 5-7 minutes per side. Reduce heat to low. Sprinkle feta on top of chops, cover skillet and cook until cheese begins to melt, about 5 minutes. Or place under broiler in oven. Remove from skillet and serve warm. Serve with a side of couscous and a nice green salad.

No comments: